Industrial Floor Treatments (IFT) understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;|
|“Our Site”||means this website, www.ift.co.uk;|
|“UK and EU Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Integrated Flooring Technologies, a limited company registered in Scotland under SC95337, whose registered address and main trading address is 10 Lithgow Place, College Milton, East Kilbride G74 1PW.|
- Information About Us
- Our Site, www.ift.co.uk, is owned and operated by Integrated Flooring Technologies.
- Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
- What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site. Other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it, for example, when submitting a Contact Form. Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following data:
- email address
- your comment
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see section 6, below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible service to you. This includes:
- Responding to communications from you;
- Analysing your use of Our Site to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein)
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
- Do We Share Your Data?
- We do not share your data with other companies, groups or organisations.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee which will not exceed £10. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 13.
- What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
- By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for planning improvements to the use of the Site. For more details, please refer to section 5, above, and to section 11.6 below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before any Cookies are placed on your computer or device, subject to section 11.5 you will be shown a pop up message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 11.6. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 11.10, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of CookiePurposeStrictly Necessary
|PHPSESSID||Each visitor to our website is automatically issued a unique Session ID. This ID is hidden and unobtrusive to the user. It tracks user interaction within the website as well as the temporary shopping basket contents for guest accounts.||Yes|
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Certain of these Cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit Our Site and it may not be possible for Us to obtain your prior consent. You may remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps set out below in section 11.10.
- The analytics service(s) used by this Website use(s) the following Cookies:
|Name of Cookie||First / Third Party||Provider||Purpose|
|__utma||First||A persistent Google Analytics cookie which tracks user visits to our website. This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.|
|__utmz||First||A Google Analytics cookie which tracks where the visitor came from, what search engine they used, what link they clicked on, what keyword they used, and where in the world they accessed our website from.|
|_ga||First||A Google Analytics cookie which assigns each visitor a unique ID and records the time at which they visited our website.|
|_gat||First||A Google cookie that stops the potential abuse of any Pay-Per-Click advertising campaigns. This cookie does not store any user information.|
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Contacting Us
Integrated Flooring Technologies is a business name of Industrial Floor Treatments Ltd.