- Client: Morrison Construction
- Project: Glenrinnes Distillery
- Services: 375 sqm Flowfresh HF screed plus cove
IFT was contracted by Morrison Construction to install flooring at a new £15million distillery in the Highlands. The gin distillery, developed by Aberdeen entrepreneurs Alasdair Locke and Alex Christou, is being constructed on a dilapidated farm complex on a private 50-acre site in Glenrinnes.
IFT installed Flowfresh HF, a 6-9 mm heavy duty, chemical resistant antimicrobial treated polyurethane resin floor screed, to the buildings. It has an attractive fine textured coloured floor finish with a speckled effect on the surface. The material is ideal for wet processing zones such as food manufacturing, food preparation areas, and chemical processing plants. Additional benefits include:
- Contains Polygiene, an antimicrobial additive based on silver ion technology
- Very high chemical resistance Easy to clean and sterilise anti-slip surface, minimal joints
- Heat resistant to 120°C
- Resistant to steam cleaning or constant hot water
- Non tainting, non dusting
- High abrasion resistance
- Withstands high mechanical stress and thermal shock
- Good alternative to expensive acid resistant tiles
- Grades available for low odour during application
- Positive slip resistance
Glenrinnes Distillery is launching an exciting super-premium vodka and gin brand, crafted with industry expertise and rooted in Glenrinnes provenance through the use of locally foraged botanicals and an estate water source. The gin and vodka products will be distilled in a purpose-built distillery on the Glenrinnes Estate and sold domestically and in selected export markets. Both products will be launched in October 2018 following construction of the distillery.