- Client: Anderson Floor Warming & Renewables
- Project: The Egg Shed, Ardrishaig
- Services: 85mm HD K-Screed to 265sqm of UFH/ 265sqm of Mapei Ultraloft Micro Concrete Topping system to the floors and 117sqm to the internal walls
IFT was appointed by Anderson Floor Warming And Renewables to install the screed and floor / internal wall finishes onto their underfloor heating system at the former Egg Shed building next to Pier Square in Ardrishaig. The site’s location on the side of the loch, close to the harbour, meant it suited storage of local produce giving the building its name from the transit storage of eggs and dairy, but latterly it stored fuel. This historic, disused building, has been transformed into a new centre that tells the story of the Crinan Canal and the communities on its banks.
Working closely with the client IFT installed heavy duty K-Screed on Anderson Floor Warmings underfloor heating system. This was followed by the application of the Mapei Ultraloft Micro Concrete Topping system to floors and internal walls. The system provided the client with the require decorative effect. The consistency of the product and ability of applying it on vertical surfaces and combining it with a wide range of colours, allows a wide variety of original and unique coatings to be created.
Typical application examples:
• Creating decorative floors in shops.
• Creating decorative floors in residential surroundings.
• Creating decorative coatings on floors, walls and ceilings with a trowelled effect finish.
• Creating decorative floors and walls in bars, cafes and restaurants
• Creating decorative floors in wellness centres, hotel receptions and showrooms.
• In all areas in the civil building sector where a smooth or textured trowelled effect coating with a cementitious matrix is required.
The new facility will include a heritage interpretation centre and space for community activities and IFT are delighted to have been involved in the transformation of this building.